Now Wireless is a leading supplier of MMS, SMS and WAP server products to the mobile wireless industry, with the Now SMS & MMS Gateway server product powering SMS and MMS applications for over 3000 customer installations in more than 125 countries on six continents and dozens of island territories in between.
The Now SMS & MMS Gateway server is a powerful multi-protocol content delivery solution for SMS and MMS messaging.
Key product functionality includes:
- Multi-protocol SMS & MMS Message Switch
- Mobile Operator MMSC
- High Performance SMS Gateway
- High Performance MMS Gateway
- 2-way SMS & MMS Application Enabler
- SMS & MMS Gateway for GSM Modems
NowSMS is a scalable solution that is affordable for development, testing, with scalability to support full production mobile operator systems.
NowSMS is available in four different editions designed to meet different customer requirements.
NowSMS MMSC Edition: This edition is designed for use as an operator MMSC, and supports full SMS and MMS functionality, including support for automatic provisioning of MMS subscribers.
NowSMS Gateway Edition: This edition is designed for service providers, corporate customers, developers and testing services. All types of SMS and MMS connectivity are supported. MMS functionality excludes support for automatic provisioning of MMS subscribers as required in a mobile operator environment.
NowSMS Modem Edition: This edition is designed for sending and receiving SMS and MMS messages via multiple GSM modems or Android phones only. All developer APIs, including SMPP, HTTP, SMTP, and MM7 are supported for client connections only.
NowSMS Lite (Single Modem Edition): This edition is designed for simplified installation and setup. This edition supports sending and receiving SMS and MMS messages via a single GSM modem or Android phone only. NowSMS Lite can be updated to other editions by purchasing a license upgrade.
The trial version of the Now SMS/MMS Gateway provides the full functionality of all product editions.
The NowWAP Gateway (or Proxy) is a powerful WAP Gateway for Browsing and Multimedia Messaging.
NowWAP is a WAP Gateway that is designed to meet the needs of WAP 2 and Multimedia applications, especially MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) and Java downloads.
- Supports WAP 2 clients using either Wireless Profiled HTTP/TCP (W-HTTP and W-TCP), or the WSP protocol stack.
- Supports segmentation and re-assembly (SAR) to provide support for larger object delivery to MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) clients.
- Acts as an HTTP proxy to provide speed enhancements for web browsing via a PC over a GPRS modem or other wireless connection.
- Provides full WAP gateway support for WAP v1.1, v1.2, v1.2.1, v1.3 and v2 WAP clients.
- Interfaces with Radius Accounting for automatic user identification by MSISDN.
- The NowWAP Proxy is available in both standard and secure (WTLS) versions.
- To implement WAP Push and MMS services in conjunction with the NowWAP Proxy, we recommend the use of the Now SMS & MMS Gateway. The Now SMS & MMS Gateway includes a WAP Push Proxy Gateway (PPG) and an Multimedia Messaging Service Centre (MMSC) which compliments the services provided by the NowWAP Proxy.
For more information on the NowWAP Gateway, please visit http://www.nowwap.com.
The NowSMS Lite Edition is a simplified, lightweight version of the Now SMS & MMS Gateway, designed to send and receive SMS and MMS messages using a single GSM (GRPS/EDGE/3G) modem.
The NowSMS Lite Edition allows clients to submit SMS messages to NowSMS for delivery via the GSM modem, using either the HTTP or SMPP protocols. NowSMS Lite also provides examples for submitting SMS messages from Java, PHP and a command line interface.
Received SMS messages can be routed to an application program using either HTTP, SMPP, or a command-line interface.
The NowSMS Lite Edition allows clients to submit MMS messages for delivery via the GSM modem, using either a proprietary HTTP interface that supports both HTTP GET and POST operations, or using the MM7 protocol. MM7 is a SOAP/XML based protocol that operates over HTTP POST. Additionally, NowSMS Lite provides examples for submitting MMS messages from Java, PHP and a command line interface.
Received MMS messages can be routed from NowSMS Lite to an application program using either MM7, an HTTP interface optimised for PHP, or via a file/directory based interface.
For more information on NowSMS Lite, please visit http://www.nowsmslite.com.