The NowSMS MMSC is a powerful Multimedia Messaging Centre (MMSC), built into the Now SMS & MMS Gateway. The NowSMS MMSC is unique in that it scales from simplified deployment in a mobile equipment testing facility to powering multimedia messaging services for a mobile operator network.
The NowSMS MMSC has the capability to support person-to-person (phone-to-phone) MMS messaging, as well as application-to-person and person-to-application MMS messaging.
The NowSMS MMSC supports standard MMS protocols published by the Open Mobile Alliance(OMA), 3GPP and 3GPP2, including the MMS Encapsulation, MM1, MM3, MM4 and MM7 protocols. MMS Encapsulation versions v1.0, v1.1, v1.2 and v1.3 are supported. 3GPP MM7 versions 5.3.0 through 6.13.0 are supported, in addition to several non-standard MM7 variations used by other major MMSC versions.
In order to best configure NowSMS to meet your MMS messaging needs, it is important to first have a basic understanding of how MMS works.
The following topics are covered in this section:
- How MMS Works
- Configuring the MMSC
- E-Mail – MMS Gateway
- Configuring MMS VASP Accounts
- Connecting to an Operator MMSC
- Using a GPRS Modem
- Sending MMS Messages
- Sending MMS Message – MM1 (GPRS Modem)
- Sending MMS Message – MM7
- Sending MMS Message – MM4
- Sending MMS Message – EAIF
- Sending MMS Message – Direct Delivery
- Sending MMS Message – Convert to WAP Push with Web Link
- Sending MMS Message – Convert to SMS with Web Link
- Sending MMS Message – Convert to SMS with Web Link (Direct)
- Sending MMS Message – Convert to SMS with Web Link (Code)
- Sending MMS Message – Block/Reject Message
- Receiving MMS Messages
- Operator MMSC Considerations