The NowWAP Gateway (or Proxy) is a powerful WAP Gateway for Browsing and Multimedia Messaging.
NowWAP is a WAP Gateway that is designed to meet the needs of WAP 2 and Multimedia applications, especially MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) and Java downloads. With WAP providing the underlying protocol support for multimedia object delivery to mobile clients, the explosive growth of MMS services is placing heavy demands on conventional WAP gateways.
- Bundled 32-bit and 64-bit versions, supporting Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server, or Windows XP/7/8/10 platforms.
- 64-bit version scalable to thousands of transactions per second.
- Supports WAP 2 clients using either Wireless Profiled HTTP/TCP (W-HTTP and W-TCP), or the WSP protocol stack.
- Supports segmentation and re-assembly (SAR) to provide support for larger object delivery to MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) clients.
- Acts as an HTTP proxy to provide speed enhancements for web browsing via a PC over a GPRS modem or other wireless connection.
- Provides full WAP gateway support for WAP v1.1, v1.2, v1.2.1, v1.3 and v2 WAP clients.
- Interfaces with Radius Accounting for automatic user identification by MSISDN.
- The NowWAP Proxy is available in both standard and secure (WTLS) versions.
- To implement WAP Push and MMS services in conjunction with the NowWAP Proxy, we recommend the use of the Now SMS & MMS Gateway. The Now SMS & MMS Gateway includes a WAP Push Proxy Gateway (PPG) and an Multimedia Messaging Service Centre (MMSC) which compliments the services provided by the NowWAP Proxy.
- Load Balanced and/or Fault Tolerant Configurations are available.